Aims and Objectives
as per the Memorandum of Association, 1989
The Foundation is established for the purpose of achieving the following objects:
- To promote the cause of literature, culture and arts in general, and to uphold the ideals and values cherished by Prof. N. Krishna Pillai, in particular
- To construct a suitable building as a memorial with an auditorium to present various cultural programmes and a library to organise research, lectures, seminars and symposia;
- To stage dramas and to arrange seminars and lectures in memory of Prof. N.Krishna Pillai with reference to his writings and to commemorate in a befitting manner his birth and death anniversaries.
- To institute, offer and grant prizes, awards, scholarships and stipends of its own, and on behalf of other individuals and institutions with the avowed objectives entrusted with the Foundation to the deserving in the name of Prof. N. Krishna Pillai;
- To compile and publish the works of Prof. N. Krishna Pillai and the writings of others relevant to the former’s contributions;
- To do whatever possible for perpetuating the memory of the late doyen of literature.
- To receive gifts, grants, subscriptions, donations and loans from Government, quasi Government concerns, individuals and organisations for the realisation of the objects of the Foundation;
- To obtain suitable landed property from Government for the construction of the building of the Foundation;
- To take such other steps as the Foundation deems fit for the attainment of the aforesaid objects.
Prof. N. Krishna Pillai Foundation is a society registered under the Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, instituted to perpetuate the memory of Late Prof. N. Krishna Pillai, the great doyen of Malayalam Literature.